from $ 49.00
Volume 3: Havana
Introducing Volume 3: Havana.
This issue contains stories about Havana, its coffee, and the people who drink it. For our third issue, we hear from dozens of locals, shop owners, roasters, historians, patrons, entrepreneurs, writers, and photographers about what it’s like to drink coffee in Havana. The capital city is fueled by strong, sweet coffee made from beans grown in the Cuban mountains and served at home—or downed in tiny ceramic cups residents sell from their windowsills. Meanwhile, international players see opportunity brewing to open more cafes like the city's two state-owned roasters.
Drift, Volume 3 guides us from Italy to New Zealand, from Havana’s frenetic old town to coffee plantation ruins in the city’s periphery, and from the 1700s to the future, as we take a magnifying glass to what makes Havana’s coffee scene tick.
Drift, Volume 3 includes:
- A look into ventanillas, the window shops Cubans set up to sell coffee from their homes;
- Shopping trip: How Havana locals get their café con chícharo;
- An interview with artist Damian Aquiles about the coffee that fuels his work;
- How Havana earned (and lost and regained) its reputation as a coffee capital;
- Profiles of Major League baseball players;
- A photo series dedicated to Cocotaxi drivers’ favorite places to drink coffee;
- A look into the city’s two state-owned coffee roasters;
- Profiles of students at the University of Havana;
- Café Bustelo: How one coffee brand recreates the tastes of home, abroad;
- And more…
DETAILS 160 pages, offset-printed and perfect bound, full color on uncoated paper. Carbon neutral printing. No ads.
SHIPPING & HANDLING US orders are shipped via USPS Media Mail in our custom packaging. International orders are shipped via International Priority Airmail. Shipping for a single magazine is $6 (US), $10 (Canada), and $15 (International). Shipping will be calculated at checkout. For more information, view FAQs.